Wednesday, March 19, 2008

La Universidad de Chile


With the second week of classes, I have finally attended two classes. Within the first week we had a Spanish placement exam, and several canceled classes. I actually was not able to register for classes before they started, it's a pretty great system.

This week I arrived to my 8:30 AM class only to discover that it was canceled. The total amount of time I will spend in class for this week is 8 hours and that includes the 2 hours of class that are part of my abroad program.

Now I'm not one to complain about not having class, so let's look at the bright side of my Latin American politics class being canceled. It seems that I am actually learning something about Latin American politics. The only difference is that I can't bribe the guy at the front desk to call me if there isn't class so I don't have to drag my ass halfway across the city on the Tokyo subway at 7:30 in the morning.

As far as the main campus goes, I do believe it is the stereotype of stereotypes for college campuses. If you wish to participate in some experimental activities you needn't look further than the campus itself as the police are not allowed inside the gates.

I do believe that having a good hairstyle is illegal in Chile, given some of the styles that I have seen. If you fancy the mullet, buy your plane tickets now. My personal favorite look is the girl with half of her head shaved and the other half is past her shoulders. I have yet to figure out what statement she is trying to make, but I think it has something to do with heroin and not enough hugs.

No comments: